Saturday, June 28, 2014

Water Walker


Water Walker
Ted Dekker
Worthy Publishers
March 2014
Suspense, Ficiton

My name is Alice Ringwald, but the man who kidnapped me says that's a lie.

Thirteen-year old orphan Alice Ringwald has no memory beyond six months ago. The only life she knows is the new one she's creating one day at a time with the loving couple that recently adopted her and gave her new hope.

That hope, however, is shattered one night when she is abducted by a strange man. In a frantic FBI manhunt, he vanishes.

So begins Water Walker, a modern day parable that examines the staggering power of forgiveness, and reminds us that it's possible to live free of the hurt that keeps our souls in chains.


So I don't do well with abstract or fantasy or basically anything that doesn't seem likely. And to be honest this book was a bit far-fetched for me. I almost put it down a number of times and yet somehow I managed to read it all the way through. Dekker writes with great imagery and while I didn't always "get" what was going on in the story I found myself inserted into the story. I think that's what kept me reading. Alice is captivating and her story is completely gripping. The whole random prophet/stranger/angel guy was a bit weird for me but the story is that good. I'm not likely to jump into another book in this genre anytime soon but when I do it will be with Dekker at the helm. 

My thanks to Worthy Publishers for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my real and honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...