Saturday, June 28, 2014

Love Comes Calling


Love Comes Calling
Siri Mitchell 
Bethany House Publishers 
Fiction, Historical, Romance 
March 4, 2014

Dreaming of becoming an actress, Boston socialite Ellis Eaton captures Griff Phillips' attention. But while filling in for a look-alike friend at the telephone exchange, she overhears a call that threatens Griff's safety. With handsome policeman Jack Flanigan investigating - and her heart in a muddle - will she discover what might be the role of a lifetime?

The unfortunate part of this book is that I never actually liked Ellis, the main character. I found her bratty, spoiled, self-centered, and obnoxious. I also found her captivating. So while I was annoyed with her I kept reading the book to see what would happen next. Mitchell continues to write at about a 4 start level. Never amazingly good but never so bad I quit reading. This book felt a bit like a hot mess and all over the place. Multiple levels of stories left me grasping a bit. Jack is easy to like and keeps the book moving. Overall a decent read, just be prepared for a bit of annoyance over the main character. 

My thanks to Bethany House Publishers for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my real and honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...