Saturday, June 28, 2014

Poison Town


Poison Town
Creston Mapes
David C. Cook
February 2014
Mystery, fiction, suspense 

There’s More Than One Kind of Poison in This Town People are sick and dying. Rumors are swirling. Some claim chemicals leaking from a manufacturing plant are causing the cancer that’s crippling people on the poor side of Trenton City, Ohio. Yet nothing at the plant appears amiss. The problem remains a mystery until reporter Jack Crittendon’s long-time mechanic falls ill and he investigates. Soon Jack becomes engulfed in a smokescreen of lies, setups, greed, and scandal. The deeper he digs, the more toxic the corruption he uncovers. As he faces off with the big-time players behind the scenes and tries to beat the clock before more people die, he realizes the chillingly unthinkable—he knows too much.

This book gripped me from the beginning and never let me go. It's rare to find a "Christian" mystery that will keep my attention. This did it. Mapes writes with true finesse and it's very refreshing. This is book 2 in the series and I did find myself a little confused with the characters so while it could be read as a stand-alone I would recommend reading it in order. This has enough mystery and suspense to keep you reading far into the night and enough justice to make falling asleep a little easier. 

My thanks to my friends at David C. Cook for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my real and honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...