Monday, April 30, 2012

Angel of the Cove

Angel of the Cove
Sandra Robbins
Harvest House Publishers
Release Date: August 2012

 
In the first book in the Smoky Mountain Dreams series, acclaimed author Sandra Robbins weaves a tale of love, loss, and God’s faithfulness in every circumstance.

Anna Prentiss has never wanted to be anything but a nurse. Before she can start school in New York, however, her brother sends her to Cades Cove, deep in the Smoky Mountains, to spend a summer apprenticing to the local midwife. Anna is determined to prove herself and then head to the big city.

But nothing could have prepared Anna for the beauty of the Cove, or the community and friendships she finds there. And she certainly wasn’t prepared for Simon Martin, the handsome young minister, or the feelings he arouses in her. Has God’s plan for Anna changed? Or is she just starting to hear Him clearly?

Alright, now here's my honest part of my review. I didn't finish this book. Ouch. The story line grabbed me and I was really excited to dive in but I quickly got bogged down in mediocre writing that seemed rather amateur. The premise was good but the delivery was poor. At about 30% of the way through I quit. I might go back someday and try again but I don't have high hopes. Robbins is apparently an acclaimed author and yet this is the first I have read by her. I'm not sure I'll be looking for more by her. There's my honesty for you. Here's hoping Robbins will grow and mature in her writing ability over time.

Thanks to netgalley and Harvest House Publishers for providing me with a free digital copy of this book for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...